How to Clean Your Rite Window Double Hung Windows
Opening your windows to welcome fresh air into your home may bring more dust and grime than you expected. It’s easy to let months of dirt build up on both the inside and outside of your window panes. You can skip the climbing of dangerous ladders when you choose Rite Window for your window replacement needs. Luckily, Rite Window’s double hung windows make it just as easy for homeowners to clean, right from the safety of inside their own home.
At Rite Window, our double hung windows provide superior quality which allows for effortless sliding and pain-free cleaning. The windows have separate sashes and tracks, meaning each half opens separately. Both the top and bottom half have the ability to tilt in, giving the homeowner easy access to both sides of the glass.
Cleaning Your Windows
- Starting with the bottom glass pane, locate the two levers on the top and unlock them by turning them towards the inside of the window.
- Once the levers are correctly turned, slide the bottom sash about 2-3 inches up.
- Pushing the levers in, slide the window towards you, so that the glass is now lying horizontally in front of you, and gently rest it on the window sill.
- Moving onto the top glass pane, slide the sash down about 2-3 inches.
- Locate the two levers on top and turn them towards the inside of the window.
- Tilt the window out towards you, so that it is now resting above the bottom sash.
- Clean each sash using a glass cleaner.
- Once the windows are cleaned, lift the top sash into place and push in until you hear a “click”, then slide up. Repeat this step for the bottom pane.
- Once both sections are back in place, turn the levers towards the outside of the windows to lock and secure.
If you would like to watch a demonstration of one of our Production Managers practicing how to clean Rite Window’s double hung windows, please check out our YouTube here. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to call Rite Window, where our professionals will provide additional assistance.